Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ym/Yw Barbecue







Every year it is a tradition to have an end of the summer barbecue with the youth in our ward. We had a lot of fun tonight with the swimming, playing pool, jumping on the trampolines, hitting the pinata, and eating lots of good food (thanks chef Andrey). We were in the Oliphant's backyard (they have ten kids, so they have the best toys).










The craziness began when the "Wally" boys (they are the bullies and everyone knows them by their last names) and some other guys started picking up people and throwing them into the swimming pool. Andrey, being the smart man that he is. Hurried and jumped in by himself-shoes and all. Then they went from person to person and dunked them in. At one point, a young woman came up and warned me that they were going to get me next, so I grabbed Ellie from Michele's arms (while Ellie is screaming because this stampede of huge guys is coming towards us) and held her up to me (bad mom, I know).
They left me alone the rest of the night but I got really tired after holding Ellie for an hour. The second counselor showed up about a half an hour before we were done and we all thought to warn him, but he's new to the bishopric and needed to be "broken" in to the youth program...within five minutes of being there, the stampede attacked and dunked him in-suit and all. He was a good sport and played along.


It was a fun night and I got to go home pretty much dry (well, one of the boys poured a bottle of water on me, but I didn't melt). We took some fun pictures and some great videos and will have to add that to our year's worth of movies for the youth. Thanks for all those that helped!

No comments: