Thursday, August 14, 2008

Withdrawls from Andrey


Andrey is gone. He left...he's "outahere!" He packed up his stuff and headed off to a half weeklong camp with the young men. I was excited for him to go to Boulder Mountain, by his grandparent's cabin. We went there for our honeymoon and it is so beautiful. I love being out in nature-the mountains and the beautiful rock formations and hiking spots. He left Wednesday morning and won't be back until Sat. afternoon. I though, "Oh good, we get a break from normal day things. Andrey doesn't have to work-he gets to swim (I forgot to pack his swimming suit...oops), fish, hike, sleep under the stars (and enjoy the snow/rain storm they get tomorrow). How am I doing between all this? you ask...well. The first ten minutes I walked around the house, bored out of my mind and then I stopped in the living room and got this achy, empty, sad feeling. Have you ever felt that? I get it every time Andrey leaves. I realized that I really really really love him. Even though he is gone a lot for work, I know I can count on him to come home and be there at night. I miss having him next to me-to help me feel better about the people that are trying to break into our house...cause I know that's what that sound is. ha,ha. I have realized that I have to keep myself busy. The girls and I wake up, get ready, eat, go to the park for lunch. We then go to the library, store, Grandma's house, or go on a walk. We will be going swimming and maybe visiting family. AND IT'S ONLY THE SECOND DAY THAT HE'S BEEN GONE!!!! There is one thing that we got to do that was fun. I got a gift card from Seagull Book and Tape, so we went there so I could get my Primary Children's Song Book and tada...right there in front of me (well, behind me and a little to the left) was what I was going to get him for our anniversary next month. I'd tell you but he may read this post and will find out. Our anniversary is September 17th. It will have been 4 years. Wow, I know. It went by so fast and I'm lovin' every minute of it.

Well, I think that I killed about 10 minutes by posting this, so now I have to keep my self busy for one day, 19 hours, and 25 minutes. Thanks!

No comments: