Friday, August 22, 2008

Go BEES!!!!

Andrey and I got free tickets to the Bees game last night (thanks Jennifer). We took the girls and got us some dinner and sat back and watched the game. It was so much fun. Baseball has to be my most favorite sport to watch. Emma loved the atmpshere so she was clapping, screaming, and standing up in her seat along with the rest of the crowd. She would yell a good luck to each batter after I'd tell her his name, making the people around us laugh. She was a hoot (as my dad would say). Ellie got tired. The game went until about 10:20 P.M., so it was a long 3+hours for her. As long as we kept the drinks and ice comin' she was happy. When the sun went down all the bugs would come out and I mean they CAME OUT! They would bombard (sp?) all of us watching. Our hair, clothes, and faces were covered with them. Emma was trying to hold them, claiming the they were her pets and she wanted to take them home. Ewww! She would go around and brush them off people's backs-making friends along the way. She is so funny-not shy at all. Emma's favorite thing was the big mascot-the Bee, Bumble. She would scream and try to get his attention every time he came out giving out free shirts, bags, getting a reaction from the crowd, and she kept saying, "Mom, I want the Bee to hold my hand." Sadly though, he wouldn't ever get close enough (even though we were right behind the dugout).
Ellie, however, was terrified of the bee. He wa huge, orange and black, and kept getting too close for her comfort. She would shake, scream, and death grip around my neck. It was quite a sight to see. Since then she and I have both recovered.
We got an awesome parking spot, where you slide the money under the door (hoping we were parking legally and weren't getting a ticket later) and enjoyed the short walk it took to get to the Franklin Covey Stadium.
We had a fun night. The Bees won (sorry for those who maybe are big fans and taped the game), so we all left really happy!
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!

1 comment:

Betsy Lee said...

It really has been way to long since we've seen each other! Let's get together soon! I'm sure our kids will have fun together too! Our blog address is www.oicuralee.blogspot.com I update that fairly regularly and there are a lot of photos on there as well. I'll be adding your blog to my list so we can keep tabs on each other now! C-ya soon!