Monday, August 25, 2008

RMR First Timer



Andrey and I got some complimentary tickets to Rocky Mountain Raceways (as many of you around here may have also). It is my first time going but Andrey had been many times (mainly seeing the drag races, not oval racing), so I was a little out of the dark and didn't know what to expect. Now, I've seen the move "Cars" so I knew what to kindof expect....fast cars, loud noise, and lots of (hopefully) cool car rolling action (but not too much to hurt anyone).
We dropped the girls off at my parent's house while they went to a ward party, and headed to the raceway. We were a little late so we had to find a spot on the top of the bleachers. No problem, the higher the better; and with two of us it wasn't hard to find good seats. We got our snowcone and I had goosbumps (I know, i'm wierd) all over my arms from exciteent. It was so cool to see all those nice, fast, loud cars. I just watched with my jaw open. We watched a car start on fine (no one was seriously hurt), a car smash into a wall (I missed the action cause I was in line getting our free hotdogs, but Andrey caught me up on the excitement), and a few skid into each other and fly (literally) off the race track. I was crazy!!! My ears took a day to get back to normal, so we have to remember for next weekend's race, to bring the earplugs. This was a great date night-a little different than the usual, but I had a blast hanging out with my boyfriend.

No comments: