Sunday, August 31, 2008

RMR Part 2


Andrey and I used our last set of tickets for the season at Rockey Mountain Raceways. We were excited to see a lot of the midget cars-they were so stinkin' fast, it was crazy to see them topple over, smash into each other, and hear the screeching tires. I told Andrey that I had another thing to add to my list of things I had to do before I died: race a really fast car....Maybe that one will go on the bottom of the list below sky diving because I may just die while racing-I kinda like speed....
The weather was crazy windy, so I had the program in front of my face the whole time (since I forgot my glasses) and Andrey, not being a gentleman, enjoyed the game with his (we'll give him more time to learn how to be kind... j/k).
The mascot came out throwing baseballs and shirts and the adrenaline started pumping through my veins as I stood up and started screaming my head off, when pow! I got a baseball. YEAH!!!! Okay, so it's this foamy thing that wasn't worth much, but Emma thinks I'm a nice mom again for giving it to her, and we got some fun pictures of all the excitement from that night.
My favorite part (besides seeing the fastsest cars ever) was watching the figure eight train racing. What is this, you ask? They get three cars (junkers) and connect them with the front car only having the gas peddle and the back one with only a break. The middle car is gutted out and the racing begins in a figure eight formation. It was funny that all 10 sets withing the first round smashed into each other and one had to roll the cars behind to get unstuck. It was so funny to watch. Good times I tell ya!
I wish I was rich then I would watch the races every night...hey, if I was rich, I'd be building me a car to race right now.


Oh, and P.S., one of the younger racers that was there was a star racer in Talladega Nights (sp?) movie with Will Ferrell-so that was neat to see him race-he was amazing-great riding skills.

2 comments:

DeAnna said...

Hey I found you guys through Richard and Betsy's blog, I hope you don't mind if I come check everyone once and a while!

Holli said...

not at all. i added your blog too, sorry i didn't say anything. How are things?