Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Poor Poor Ellie

Ellie has had a bad week and it's only Wed. morning. Sunday night Ellie was up all night couging and throwing up. I didn't know what was wrong. Andrey finally said, I think she's having an asthma attack. He has the same thing happen during his. Ellie has allergies and they have been acting up because of this horrible air.
I thought she was too young to have asthma so i took her in to the pediatrition and he checked her oxygen level and for weezing but said she sounded just fine. After hearing her cough and hearing my explanation of her symptoms, he gave us an inhaler and chamber to try. It has worked so far, and we have tried to keep her indoors as much as possible. I am so sad for her because she is only 2.
Then Tuesday morning, I was on the phone and i heard a loud thud and saw Ellie laying on her tummy on the tile floor (now Ellie falls and gets hurt a lot-she's a little clutz like me). I picked her up and hugged her and layed her down in her favorite spot. She was still crying and I saw that I had blood on my hand. She was bleeding so bad on her mouth and neck. I washed her off and saw that her teeth were pushed in a wierd position and her gums were all beat up. Her lip was already swollen and hurt in three places. How did she do that?!!
Afte she was complaining for hours about the pain I finally took her into the dentist. He looked at her and said she looked really sore. I told him I would conitinue to give her Tylonol. He said to watch for discoloration in her teeth and any bubbles in her gums and to bring her in when Emma goes in for her appointment in two weeks.
This morning when Ellie woke up and came into the livingroom, I just had to laugh. Her whole upper lip and mouth below her nose are swollen so much that she can't even smile. I can't lift up her lip to see her teeth. It is rock hard.
I feel so terrible and I hope she gets better soon. The only good thing to this is she can't suck on her binky because her mouth is in the way and it won't fit. lol Maybe this is how we will get her off her favorite bad habit!

1 comment:

Jared and Emily said...

Poor little girl! That is so sad! I hate when they get injured. Hope all is well with your family!