Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Emma gets to go to school

Last year I did preschool with Emma and she learned so much. She learned to count to twenty, she can write most her letters and knows her alphabet. She can spell anything if we tell her how to spell it. I am so glad she is familiar with her letters. Next we want to have her try sounding out letters and reading.
My mom said I was probably going to make her bored when she went into Kindergarten because she was moving too quickly, so I decided to stop and put her into Headstart where she could be with other kids. Poor Emma has her birthday in September so she misses the deadline to start preschool when she is 5. She will be a big smart 6 year old when she finally goes into school. I want her to have a good experience with school and other children and learn the social skills she needs, and to have a break from mom (even though I will miss her), so we signed her up for Headstart. I hope she has a great time. She has always wanted to go to schoold. =0)

No comments: