Wednesday, September 9, 2009

"All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth"























Well, they did it. They pulled out Ellie's two front teeth.
We got to primary children's hospital and again, I was amazed at how great the employees and rooms are with children. There are toys and the rooms are amazing where it sets a wonderful environment for little nervous children. Ellie had a great time while we were waiting for the dentist to see her.
She thought the chair was so cool until they tried to get her to lay back, so all the work was done right there with Ellie in my lap. Yup, I got to see it all-front row seats and everything.
The dentist wanted to wiggle her teeth first and see how loose they were and if they could save them, but as he wiggled the front four, he saw that the front two pretty much fell out at his touch, and the other two (after an x-ray) would have to wait and see if the body declined them or not. So after Ellie was so brave and closed her eyes and got a shot (she didn't cry until the last two seconds and then it was over) he quickly pulled out the two teeth and Ellie was so happy when they gave her a big sticker and a toy turtle. She was also more excited to get her own baggy with her two teeth in them, cotton swabs for her mouth (which only she could hold in there, not mom and dad), and her instructions paper for us. She smiled at us all the way home while she was scratching away at her nose and face because of the numbing agent. She was so brave and I am glad to see that she only lost two of her teeth.
Now we need to give her antibiotics for her gums to stay clean and the infections to go away. So ms. "Dragon Breath" can get fully better.
She had a fun day getting lots of icecream, popsicles, and frozen smoothies.
At bedtime, I got to read Emma and Ellie a book about the "Toothfairy" and we put Ellie's teeth under her pillow and they are excited to see what the "Toothfairy" leaves for her in the morning. Emma is a little scared to have the "Toothfairy" come into her room, but I reassured her that she was nice and will only come after she is asleep since she is so busy with other children's teeth, she won't be able to stop and visit.
It is weird that I am getting my kids ready for the "toothfairy" when they are only 2 and 4. . . shouldn't it be another 2 to 5 more years till I have to do this. lol. And what is even more weird, is that Ellie lost teeth before Emma.
Well, what an intersting week and I hope we get a break for a while.
But I am so grateful for Primary Children's Hospital and their kindness and all that they do for so many people. (Pictures will be posted soon).

2 comments:

Jared and Emily said...

Oh what a poor little girl! That is so sad! Amazed she was so brave! I am so scared for these kind of situations, sure glad I haven't had any sort of adventures like this!

Rachael said...

Wow, it seems like you have many experiences at the doctor...You are brave to have to handle all the drama. Your daughter is sucha good girl, that makes it easier I am sure.