Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Emma's two new friends

In order for Emma to go to headstart, she had to see a doctor and dentist for those screenings and checkups.
She was great at the doctors and we just did her 4 year old checkup along with it. She got to cover each eye and read the chart. It was so cute to see her take steps closer to the poster whithout realizing it, so we had to keep moving her back. She really knew her shapes really well. She then had to change into the paper gown that she called a "big napkin" and she did not like it at all. She felt so naked. Before we arrived, she told me, "Mom, I will be so mad if you tell the doctor I still wear diapers and pullups." I told her that maybe she should start going on the toilet all the time and not just when she felt like it. . .As she was lying down on the bed, the doctor looked under her gown to check her hips and legs and she said, "Uh oh. Emma is still wearing diapers?" Emma gave me the dirtiest look ever. I just laughed and told her that I didn't tell the doctor, but that she saw on her own. Emma didn't talk to me for a while after that. I am just glad that she is very healthy...now if we could only get her to be full time potty trained. Anyone want to take her for a week to do so? lol
At the dentist I told Emma what would happen so she wouldn't be scared. She was such a big girl and was so brave. I am so mad I forgot my camera. She climbed right on the chair and did exactly what the dentist asked her to do. She wasn't scared or shy and talked to him really well.
Now you are probably wondering who Emma's two new friends are? No, it's not the doctor and dentist, it's her two new cavities that appeared on her back molar. Now we get to go visit the funnest place ever-"Aloha Dental." Emma is excited to go and I hope these cavities don't ruin her dental experience for the rest of her life. I will have to remember the camera for this visit also.

No comments: