Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ellie's Labor Day














































So after all the drama of Ellie and her new inhaler, her bump-in with the tile and bloody mouth and crooked tooth;we were at my aunt's house having a barbeque and celebrating the birth of my cousin, Tyson's son (Keenan, he is adorable) and visiting. While the kids were eating and swinging....I heard Bailee yell out and looked over my shoulder to see Ellie fly into the cement wall and fall hard. She had walked behind Emma when Emma was swinging and got pushed into the wall. She got up and there was blood everywhere. More blood than I have seen in my whole life. I thought for sure that she had bitten her tongue off or something. We ran her inside to get the blood to stop and after an hour it calmed down enough to get a good look. She cut her lip up all over the place and her top teeth (again) were banged up and her gums were a disaster. There was still too much blood to see how much damage was done and her lip and face were swelling up quickly. After giving her some Tylonol and getting her wrapped up in a blanket, we headed home where a long night (but a nice preisthood blessing) awaited us. She was miserable and her mouth would not stop bleeding.
The next morning after a bath, she was dancing, running, climbing all over the place like nothing happened. She was still too swollen so I couldn't look into her mouth, so we went to the dentist as soon as they opened. She was so cute and smiled and waved at everyone.
The dentist said to keep an eye on her and to wait to hear back from the Pediatric dentist at Primary Children's Hospital that day.
We got a call and they want to see her tomorrow. They said it sounds like she won't keep her top two teeth and they might have to look at her lips as well and do x rays to make sure nothing in her face broke (her nose is sore and swollen as well).
Right before Ellie and Emma's naptime, her swelling went down enough for me to look up in her mouth.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<(SORRY FOR THOSE WITH WEAK STOMACHS)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Her top teeth were exposed all the way and her gums are all black, purple, and mushy. They are just shredded up all over and it looks so bad. And don't get me going about the smell. Andrey says she has "Dragon Breath." She doesn't even seem to care. She eats just fine (we give her soft foods) and she plays normal and is happy....I don't get it.
I can't wait to see what they can do to help her with tomorrow.
Updates tomorrow.
Oh, and Happy Labor Day to all those dentists we are putting to work. And our poor accident-prone child whom Andrey says will always have to wear a helmet. Never a dull moment at the Glover's.

On a positive note, we to to go to the hospital and see out new cousin. Keenan, born to Tyson and Kidist. He is so beautiful and we are so excited to have him in our family.

1 comment:

The Serna Family said...

Oh my Heck! Poor little girl! I was cringing while reading, it sounds sooo painful! I hope she is okay! I feel so bad. I'll be watching for the update! Good luck!