Thursday, September 2, 2010

May


What an emotional month.
Andrey lost his job the day after I found out I was pregnant.
He was working for Premeir Mentoring as the Security manager and fix-it-man.
It was hard because we were dropped down to my income which was only enough to pay some bills, and now with child number 3 on the way, we had to act fast.
We were very blessed and things fell into place.
(sorry for the sideways pictures). lol

We got assistance that we qualified for-getting the girls and me and baby insurance coverage, and then the side jobs from neighbors and other friend just started pouring in, so Andrey has been staying busy, making it possible for us to make the payments we need to. I have my job still (but will be quitting at the end of September), but have been asked by a few families to start watching their kids again so that will help bring in money. We are always blessed, and as Andrey says, "if we continue to pay our tithing and fast offerings, we will always be blessed and watched over." It is true.
I was 5 1/2 weeks along when I found out I was pregnant, so I was just starting to get the monring sickness which was an all day 24 hour sickness, but eating always made it better, so this pregnancy has been very different so far. The last two I was never able to eat anything, so here's hopeing that it's a boy. lol

We have been planning our girls rough camp, with the theme being "MOO- becoming 8 cow young women". We had a "P" night where we had a sleep over with all our young women and ate Pizza, Popcorn, watched a movie and sewed our cow patterned Pj bottoms. It was fun to hang out and get excited for our Rough camp. We have been busy getting our flag made and other camp preparations in order.

Happy Happy birthday to my dad, Chuck. He is the big OLD 52 (see, Andrey, now you don't feel so old, do ya?). I love my dad so much and it was a fun day celebrating his birthday.

We had our traditional Memorial day breakfast at my grandpa's house on the 31st. It was harder this year because of the passing of my Uncle Joe and my Grandpa Wolf.

My sisters and I were able to sing at my uncles funeral (his death was a big shock to us all and was all of the sudden). We sang "Abide With Me." It was an amazing funeral and great to hear from his wife, Arlene and his children, Nicole and Tyson. I miss my uncle Joe so much. He was such a tease and loved us all so much. He gave the best hugs. The memorial day breakfast was a good time for us to think about these men we miss and love in our lives.

I was able to cut 3 of my young women's hair....it was a scary thing for me, but they were great to be my guinea pigs and it was fun to learn to cut hair. Thanks Oliphant girls!!!

Happy May!

1 comment:

The Serna Family said...

I seriously can't believe how big your girls have gotten! They are beautiful like their mama!