Thursday, September 2, 2010

June


















Emma and Ellie got to start swimming lessons for the first time this month. I did a mommy and me class with Ellie where we would sing songs as we taught them how to go under water, paddle with their arms, kick their feet, blow bubbles, and lay on their backs. Emma took the 4-5 year old class where she learned "Monkey, airplane, soldier" moves and became a pro at floating on her back and going under water. She made a lot of new friends and I was so proud to see them learning how to swim. My mom took my girls to a birthday party for Dax (my cousin's boy) where they had a big pool. Emma had a life jacket on and told my mom "I am going to die" my mom was shocked and asked her again, "WHAT EMMA?!" "I am going to go in the pool and die!" "Oh," my mom thought, laughing..." you mean DIVE?" "Yeah," Emma responded. And so she did. She walked to the deep end and dove into the water, doing it repeatedly. She keeps telling us that because she took swimming lessons this summer, she knows how to swim, and she sure showed us. What a silly SCARY girl. lol

Happy birthday to my sister in law, Harmony. We love you and hope you had a great day!

Happy Anniversary to my sister Robyn and her great hubby, Travis. Yah for 3 years!!!! And a cute baby!!!!

We had fun with family reunions this month. We had a few with Kathy (Andrey's mom's) side. It was great to see family, eat good food, and catch up on the latest news.

Andrey had his weeklong where they went hiking, fishing, boating, waterskiing, and had lots of fun. He loves working with the scouts and young men as the young men's president.




We were all able to be in the Taylorsville day parade where Andrey rode my Uncle Joe's train and they dedicated it to him after his recent passing. it was fun to have all the kids, grandkids and neices and nephews ride in the train and throw candy. As adults, we wore our train hats and threw candy and sprayed everyone with our spray bottles. We love and miss you "Pa pa choo choo" (as Dax called his grandpa).

We had fun the last tuesday of this month taking all our youth out shooting. It was scary, but they all learned gun safety and as leaders we learned it was safest to stay away and behind them. They all had a great time.

No comments: