Saturday, June 6, 2009

Utah Lake Trip

My dad and sisters were missing my mom while she was away in Arizony for a doll show. We decided to kidnap them and take them boating after Andrey and Zach (one of our neighbor friends) worked so hard to get it up and running again.
We drove (2.5 hrs.) to Utah lake (after a looong adventure trying to find it) and got so excited to just jump into the water.
We loaded up the cooler and chairs, tossed on life jackets and began our drive out into the lake. It was so beautiful. I have missed being out in the water. I love summer.
I have not been water skiing since I was 3 or so, so I was the first to jump at the chance to get out there.
Oh my goodness!!! That water was so cold. After a few minutes of screaming and trying to catch my breath, I began to listen to my dad and Andrey teach me how to water skii.
After getting the skiis tight enough, I was ready to go.
After four attempts to stand and doing the splits in the water, and other painful things, I kept getting frustrated because I would almost be standing but then nothing would happen.
After pulling my leg the wrong direction and deciding to rest a bit, my dad jumped in.
Again, we had to wait for an even longer time while he finished screaming and catching his breath from the cold water, and then the fun began.
He was a pro, but for some reason, we just couldn't keep him up.
Finally, we realized that there were too many of us in the boat (7) and there should only be 3 at a time until we buy a new prop. for the boat. That is why I couldn't get standing long enough to skii. The boat couldn't get fast enough.
We were all worn out and cold, so we headed back to our place and jumped in our new pool. And, Ahhhh! The water was nice and warm. We had a fun sleep over with my sisters, Bailee and Kaycee, and we are all now ready to take that boat out again so I can master the art of water skiing (pictures soon will be put up).

No comments: