Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Emma hanging

I was a our young women's activity last night while Andrey and the young men were outside getting our tents ready for Trek (next week. YAHOO!!!). Andrey looked at the window to check on the girls who were playing in the living room when he saw Emma wrap the chord from the blinds around her neck. She started falling back and started screaming. He ran inside and saw that she had a red burn mark on her neck. WHAT WAS SHE THINKING?!!!


I could have the story wrong, but that's how he explained it. I got her and Ellie in the tub this morning and her neck was so swollen and red. I felt so bad. She said she will never do it again and that she was just trying to get something to hold onto while she was jumping on the couch.

(Ellie felt left out and wanted her picture taken too)

I showed Andrey how to throw the chords up on top of the blinds so the kids can't get to them. Poor kid.



3 comments:

Lyndsie said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so glad she's okay.

the New Adventure of life for Roxanne said...

I am glad she's ok...how scary!

Holli said...

Ok. so I told the story wrong. Emma was jumping on the couch and holding onto the string from the blinds and fell into it, and got the "rope burn" mark from it. lol