Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Happy Mother's Day


I love Mother's day. Now, for me, it's never been all that great. I have a hubby (I love him so don't think I'm venting) that seems to forget about mother's day for me. The only year he ever said or did anything was our first year being married and I didn't have any kids. lol Each year I would look for a card or flowers hiding somewhere, but by the end of the day, he would feel so bad and apoligize for forgetting. Well, this mother's day I woke up in a bad mood. I think the girls knew it was a Sunday because they had to cry about everything. Breakfast was a mess, luckily, the night before I washed the dishes because I knew they wouldn't get done, and then all through the day, I kept waiting for Andrey to even wish me a Happy Mother's day...but nothing.I was so hurt.
During Sunday school, he went home to get his lesson manual for young mens. All through the rest of the meetings I was fuming. How could Andrey not appreciate me? I know, I am so selfish, but it's nice to feel loved, especially when there is a day dedicated for just that. lol
I got home from church and went straight to our room to change. We had a busy day of traveling since we had three mothers to visit.
I stormed into the kitchen to get us all lunch and to my surprise, there on the table was a beautiful boquet of roses and a nice typed up letter from Andrey.
I felt so bad because I was so rotten to him all day.
He just gave me a hug and wished me a happy mother's day.
I realized then that I needed to change my focus and just enjoy the day off that we all had and that we were so lucky to be together.
We had a great time with family.

(The only picture I have of Kathy right now. I will get a family one on here as soon as I download one).

I love my moms so much. All of them have been so loving, supportive during our horrible financial times, and have just loved our daughters. We are so lucky to have such amazing mothers. I am so grateful for them and love that I have them with me on this earth and that I get to be with them forever.

I hope all of you had a wonderful Mother's day and know what blessings you are in your children's lives. And those of you who don't have children, that's ok. you are still wonderful and loving women who touch the lives of so many. So thank you and we love you.

No comments: