Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!






What a fun day we had. I always love a time to celebrate with family, friends, eat good food (that I don't have to cook), and just relax and visit. We have three sets of parents to visit so we started our Thanksgiving on Sunday in Spanish Fork, visiting Andrey's mom, Kathi, and Step Dad, Dave. We had a wonderful dinner and dessert (you got to love the pies) and had fun visiting, watching movies, and listening to the youngsters play together.





Today we started the day with Christmas music (it is now legal so get off my back those of you that tell me it's too soon. lol). The girls danced the morning away singing along while we made salads, guacamole, and got drinks made. It is always fun working in the kitchen with Andrey. I miss having him around all day long. I sure and grateful for him.





We went to my aunt's house to celebrate my side of the family and we all put out the good food and ate and ate and ate. It is fun to see that each year our family gets bigger and bigger. We used to all be able to sit around a big table, but now it takes 5 tables and two rooms to fit everyone. Our little family is so big now and I love all of them so much. We have some good times. After eating dinner, we went outside and got a train ride from the train that Uncle Joe and Andrey build this last summer. That is always exciting for the little ones...and me and my sisters seem to enjoy the rides a little more.





After the train ride, we loaded up the kids and drove to Draper where we forced another meal...but to my surprise, I was actually able to eat more. I'm a pig, I know. I think I ate more than Andrey. The food was so good. We had my father in law take some pictures of our little family so we could have some outdoor ones for a possible Christmas card photo (so check your mailbox next month). The company was excellent, but we were sad to have missed Todd's family and Serenie's (can't wait to see all of you on Sunday). After the little ones entertained us for a few hours with sining, dancing, summersaults, and just being cute, we enjoyed all the pies that were made. Pumpkin, raspberry/peach, pecan, apple, cherry. Oh my goodness. So good. And the best part (in my opinion) is the cool whip to top it off. I was falling asleep in my chair and the girls were slowly dying down, so we called it a night a little earlier than planned, hitting the road at 7:30. The girls were out the minute they got buckled in.

Now I get to spend the rest of the evening with my wonderful husband, who just served me a nice warm cup of hot cocoa.


I can't wait to get our tree and lights up. I love the holidays and I am so grateful for all I have and all of you! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: