Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Young Women And Excellence Program

We just finished our Young Women and Excellence Program last night and I feel so relieved to have it done and over with. This preperation has been stressing me out majorly and I am still not sure why...sure cause the stake will be there, the parents, hopeing the girls would love this moment and want to continue on working on their personal progress, I'm not sure exactly why...
We had a lot of fun with it though. We did the theme: "Baby, Look At You Now." From the song that Bing Crosby sings. We set up the gym and invitations like a baby shower. We had Zo (my secretary and PP leader) speak about what the Personal Progress Program is and how it helps the young women. We then had a board that had everyone's baby pictures up and we had to guess who was who. That was a lot of fun and we served drinks and snacks while they played this game. We then had the young women and leaders stand up as we pointed out their pictures and saw who had the most right. We then had the girls go and present their projects they worked on. Some made pjs, did a 14 day walk with Chirst, memorized hymns and led the music in church (my newest beehive, who was terrified and shared a few scared tears while she was up there in front of everyone-bless her heart), and some did service projects, etc. It was fun to see them, how they have matured and become such beautiful girls. We then had a slide show that the ward clerk put together for me, playing the Bing Crosby song and "I Am A Child of God" while the families laughed as they saw all the activities their girls have been in since they were 8-18 (we also had slides of them in Activity days). I then tied the theme in, saying how we all saw these girls as babies (pictures) and growing up over the years (slide show) and now (I had a mirror with a "Baby, Look at you now" sign on it) they have grown up to be beautiful young women who have accomplished so much and will some day make wonderful mother and wives, and are loving daughters of our Heavenly Father. It was sweet to see the love that the parents have for them. The bishop then tied everything in and we let the parents walk around and look at the projects and we served dessert-ice cream cake rolls (that I attempted to make. =0)). It was a fun and touching night. I sure do love the girls in my ward, and I love being able to serve them in my new calling.

No comments: