Friday, April 10, 2009

Beads in her nose

First of all, this is my 100th post on this blog. Yah!!!
Every year for Easter, we go to Fillmore-our second home. We have family (Chatlands) that live there. We stay in a nice hotel, go swimming, watch movies, eat a yummy breakfast and then have a fun Easter egg hunt with the town. I love going with the fmaily.
Well, after a crazy day, we finally left at 4 when we were planning on getting there by then.
This isn't the beginning of our crazy day. It started with Ellie complaining about he nose being stuffed. I got the bulb syringe (sp?) and tried sucking whatever I could out. She laughed about it and we moved on. Well, as we were driving past Lehi, I looked up Ellies nose again because she kept saying, "Nost, out!" and to my shock and horror, she had a really big bright green booger in her nose...but no, no no, it wasn't a booger, it was a big bead from a bracelate that Emma broke last week. I thought I had picked up all the pices, but Ellie must have saved one for such an occasion. I called my aunt who lives in Fillmore, and is luckily a nurse at the hospital there and asked her what we could do while we were driving (it was going to be a long trip because of some accident in Springville). She told me a doctor there would have the mom (or himself) plug the good nostril and lightly (so to not fill up the lungs) blow into the mouth and sometimes it would force the object out.
Oh, how crazy Ellie thought I was. She would laught so hard at me and kept trying to stick her tongue out (YUCK!). After a few attempts, we gave up.
Now we are on a long drive to Fillmore with me making sure she doesn't stick her little finger up her nose. =0)
More details to come....

No comments: