Saturday, April 11, 2009

Dr. Holli to the Rescue








Bead up the nose continues. . . .
After arriving to Fillmore, we went to my aunt's house. We had Andrey holding Ellie, me holding her arms down, cousin Kaleb holding her legs down (so she wouldn't kick everywhere), Aunt Arlene holding her head, and uncle Gordon trying to calm Ellie down while Andrey tried to get the green bead out with tiny tweezers. We tried for a few minutes but Ellie was screaming so hard and kicking. There was no way Andrey could get it out safely. Finally I yelled, "Stop! Her nose is wet enough now. Giver her to me." I took her over to the piano bench and cradled her in my lap. I plugged her good nostril and covered her mouth and blew into it. Our of no where this wet thing hit my neck and everyone ran over to see what happened. I stood up and down fell the bead from my pants. YAH!!! The bead was out of her nose! She jumped out of my arms and ran downstairs to play, like nothing happened. It was so funny, and I am glad that we didn't have to worry about taking her to the E.R.

5 comments:

Jamii said...

too funny! I can't wait to see what adventures I have with my kids!

The Serna Family said...

Just a few months ago the same thing happened with MaKenna, a bead in the nose. She was complaining about it hurting but didn't want to tell us what she did because she was scared she would get in trouble. We plugged her one nostril and had her blow super hard. It took a few times but finally came out. We were sure happy we didn't have to go to the hospital, too. Your girls are precious! We should get together now that the weather is warming up! We'd love to see you.

Marcie said...

haha reminds me of "one fine day" glad it all worked out!!!

RobbandTKandfam said...

Man that is something that every mother needs to learn to do. Thanks for the idea, I will remember it for the future!

Jared and Emily said...

LOl! That is so funny! I am glad everything turned out okay and didn't end up having to take her to the Doctor! Yuck! Hope all is well with you guys!