Thursday, March 19, 2009

Bike riding

We have a new favorite family activity. Andrey got me a bike for Christmas and then fixed up his. What about the girls? Emma has a little bike but I don't think she's big enough to follow along with us and poor Ellie has nothing yet. We couldn't afford one of those bike trailors after looking online. Andrey said one day, "We need to go to the DI today. We will find one there if we go today." Was it inspiration? I bet it was, because I have never seen anything like that at the DI. He walked in, went right to the back of the store, and there one was, just waiting for us to take it home. It was only $25. His work partner had just purchased one that was the exact same, but newer (obviously) for $500. Can you believe it!!!!? We lucked out this time.
We have fun, each night, loading up the girls in the trailor and riding all over the neighborhood. What a fun family activitiy. And this is a way for Andrey and me to get into shape for the Trek coming up in June (since we are the Ma and Pa for our ward). Hope you are all enjoying this wonderful warm beautiful weather.

5 comments:

Cali said...

Sounds fun! I'm glad you got such a great deal!

Becky Green said...

Wow! That's really great! I'm happy you guys can do that as a family :)

Jared and Emily said...

Wow! That is a great find! We go to the DI hoping for those kind of finds! That seems like a lot of fun!

The Serna Family said...

Wow! What a great deal! We love to do things outdoors on weekends too. We usually go on hikes. Art has a bike and I'd like to get one so we can do that too. There's a bike/walking path behind our new house and we can't wait to use it.

Lori said...

I LOVE it when DI comes to the rescue! I remember when Bryan and I would go on bike rides when our kids were little. We loved doing that and so did they :)