Saturday, January 17, 2009

Letter J


Emma wanted to do school on a Saturday, so we finished eating breakfast (thanks Andrey for making us yummy eggs) and got ready to learn about the letter 'J'. Emma colored her letter 'J' in her letter book. 'J' is for jet and a jackolantern. After coloring (with markers even-since she is 3 now...so she says), we traced the letter 'J' and little 'j'. Emma did a really good job. Each letter we have to make up a story so she will remember the letter. She remembers the letter 'J' bythinking that it's a cat's tail. I thought it was a cute way to remember. She then colored a letter J and colored hair, bow, eyes, eyebrows, lips, and a nose and put it together on the letter 'J' for a person-like the ones you see on Sesame Street. While she was doing that, I sang the "Jack and Jill" song and told her that story. We colored a page that had that story on it and she told me her own version of the story. Apparently, Jill pushed Jack down the hill. But Emma liked saying the letter 'J' in their names. We then learned some songs that had words using the letter 'J'. My favorite was:


(To the tune: "If you're happy and you know it...")

Oh, I wish I was a jiggling jellyfish.

Oh, I wish I was a jiggling jellyfish.

I would jiggle and I'd jive, with my friends I'd give high fives.

Oh, I wish I was a jiggling jellyfish.


I think I liked the song a little bit more than Emma. I would put actions to it and after the 5th time I was singing it and dancing in front of her, she gave me an annoyed look and said, "Okay, Mom, I think that's enough." Well, I'm soooo sorry. I told her. It was funny.


We had a lot of fun today learning about the letter 'J'.


"Oh I wish I was a jiggling jelly fish...."

No comments: