Saturday, February 12, 2011

Countdown


My doctor started checking my progress a month ago and the first appointment was a shock. I had a hard time dilating with the girls and was always stuck at a 1 or 1 1/2. With a month left we were excited to hear that I was at a 2 and 50% effaced. "It's your 3rd kid" everyone says. Now I know this, but I was still super excited. My next appointment a week later I changed to a 2 1/2 and still 50% effaced. We were getting super excited, but also in pain from all the Braxtin Hicks and contractions. This pregnancy has been so different (which is why we assumed it was a boy). I was not that sick. I have not thrown up once in the 9 months. I have had a lot of energy and am eating constantly, making it to where I have also gained more weight this pregnancy than the last two.
My next appointment there was no change and I was shocked because I was up all night having contractions, but I guess it was just my body preparing me for what is to come.
I went in last week and was excited to hear that I was at a 3 and 75% effaced. YAH!!! We get to have our little boy soon. We are so excited for baby Ethan.
Ok, to be honest, I am a little scared. Of course I am nervous about having a baby boy and raising a boy because my family is girls (4 daughters, a niece, and two daughters), so it's a little intimidating. But what I am scared of is having to start over again. It was been 3 1/2 years and I forgot everything. I saw small babies at the hospital and it just scares me at how little they are. So fragile, and depending on me for everything. It is hard not to feel inadequate right now.
But aside from these feelings, I am ready for the late nights, early mornings, constant diaper changing, etc. But most importantly, i am just so excited to get baby Ethan as part of our eternal family and to have him in my arms.
Andrey and the girls are so excited.
We will keep you all posted. My next appointment is on Monday and that leaves 4 for days till my due date (unless he decides to come visit us sooner).
Thank you all for your love, support, phone calls, e-mails, etc. We love you all!

1 comment:

The Butler Family said...

I am so excited for you! Don't worry, it will all come back to you. I had forgotten a lot of stuff from the 1st one. I just can't believe how fast time flies by. We have already had Corbin here for almost a month, I hope that you enjoy your time. I hope that all will go great with you in your labor. Miss you.