Friday, August 21, 2009

Busy, busy month

What a busy month.
It started with my fun birthday. I have Ellie and Emma's birthday right around mine so I always forget my birthday. This year my family made it a memorable and nice one. We had Sunday dinner at my mom's and they had the table mats made out of paper with questions on them about me. We went around the table and I would have to answer the questions. We had an amazing dinner, and a fun night visiting, presents (I got the movie I have been waiting to get- "Mama Mia." I love the music on that show). Andrey then took me out to lunch on Monday, to Letheryby's. We got to double with his work partner, Mark, and his wife, Daisy (it was also her birthday). What a fun family. We sure love that family. We then went and saw a movie. It was a nice, layed back day and I loved being able to spend it with Andrey.
Our good friend, Zach bought us tickets to the Bees game for my birthday, so that was a fun thing to look forward to that week also. The birthday surprises just kept showing up. We are also going to my families in Draper and Spanish Fork for a later birthday dinner(s). I love spending time with my families. We are so lucky to have such amazing families too.
On a sad note, we also had the funeral for our Grandpa, Grandpa Dean. He is an amazing man and it was the best funeral I have been to, to hear about all he had done to bless the lives of those around him. Andrey and I (as well as the rest of the grandchildren) were asked to sing two numbers, "I know my Father lives" and "I need thee every hour." It was so beautiful. Many said it sounded like angels were singing (now I am not sounding cawkey because I couldn't sing I was so emotional. It truly did sound amazing, and that angels really were amongst us). The services and lunch were great and my girls were so cooperative and did such a good job so Andrey and I were able to participate in all the family get togethers. It was so fun to be able to go to Chuck A Rama in behalf of Grandpa, since that was his favorite place to eat. It was fun to think of him, talk about the memories and ways that he blessed us all so much through his testimony and Christ like example.

No comments: