Thursday, June 19, 2008

First Time Blogger-About my family



I have never done this, so I'm going to tell a little about my family. Andrey, my husband, is 27...old, I know. Almost 30 (like I always tease him). He owns his own company (with a partner, Mark) called A&M General Contractors. They build and remodel houses, outside work (drivways, fences, etc.). He is my fix-it man and can do about anything. The only problem is that he is so busy doing things for other people that our house never gets anything done....he sure is great and starts a lot of projects, but I've never seen one all the way done. I'm not venting or angry, that's just how it is. Just like a person that is a mechanic...they never work on their own cars ....(or so I've heard). We have half of our new cupboards in, most of the wood floor in living room, driveway poured, just no cealant (sp?) on it, Vynel fence up (no gates...but that is because of lack of money), no baseboards or crown moulding, etc. but, we have a home to live in and we are having fun watching it turn into what we some day hope it will be. Andrey is the Scout Master in our ward and is busy with mutual activities and putting flags up, and the occasional campout. He loves staying busy and is a fun and great dad. Emma just adores him!
Holli (that's me!) is staying home now (no longer an employee at Maceys) with her two little girls going to the park, doing preschool activities, watching library movies, reading lots of books, taking long walks, putting girls down for naps, going to the park, and other outdoor activities. Holli's down time (usually meaning to get a Young Women lesson ready, laundry, or finally getting to read that book) is when the girls take their naps (I love those two precious hours). Holli is the Young Womens President in the ward and stays busy with her amazing presidency. We have about 10 active young women and we have great times. We have two camps coming up (but I'm missing out on one of them) and am excited to get away and be in the outdoors. Holli tries to help bring in a little money by selling Avon (call if you need anything), but it seems to be taking the opposite affect...she seems to be spending more and bringing in nothing but a big bill (don't tell Andrey...)
Emma, who is almost three (in September) is full of energy and personality. Emma loves to watch morning shows like "Super Y," "Word World," and "Signing Time." She is one smart cookie who can tell you her ABCs and her numbers, with the occasional shape. She loves to sing, dance her little heart out, go to the library and pick out her books and movies, and dress up like a Princess. Her room is the Princess theme and every morning I have to make her hair look like a "crown" and she has to wear a dress or skirt (which she takes off when we go to our daily trip to the park for lunch). Emma loves being an older sister and likes to help change Ellie's diapers, but for some reason, she doesn't think she's big enough to be potty trained...that's our next goal now that we FINALLY got rid of the BINKY....that was a war in itself (another post for those details). Emma is a lot like mom-she is not shy, talks to anyone who will walk by her, telling them about her day and how old she is. She is super bossy and will tell you what to do and how to do it. But, she has a big heart and will give you a hug and kiss when she is good and ready to plant one on you. She is still trying to figure out how to sign "I love you." She just can't seem to get the right fingers up, but she will tell us every day that she loves us. She keeps us on our toes and keeps us laughing with her funny, random comments.
Ellie, oh, our little angel. She is full of so much love and kindness. She is always happy, smiling, and has her cute little giggle. She has the best facial expressions and has her own little way of communicating. Ellie just underwent a surgery in her hand, having her second thumb removed. She was great and has to deal with a splint for two more months and then she is home free from anything slowing her down (not that she would let it). She is a great crawler and I'm just waiting for her to take off and walk-the only problem is that she is TERRIFIED of hights. Seriously-I go to change her in the church bathroom on the table and she is shaking and bawling until I finally pick her up. She hates to be thrown in the air or anything that requires her to be above your head. Ellie is our sensitive baby who will cry if you look at her wrong, hears a loud noise, or if you hurt her feelings. She is very sweet and kindhearted for that reason. She is the one that makes me feel loved and needed as a mother-she's not quite as independant as Emma. Ellie is a mommy's girl...which frustrates her daddy who wants to hold her or play with her every once in a while. Ellie will be one in a few weeks (July 8th) and we are excited to see a new Ellie-a big girl. We are excited to have her in our family and love her very much-just as much as her big sister, Emma. We have a wonderful family and we have good times together.

2 comments:

Tyler and Julia said...

Hey Holli! Your blog is great! I saw the address for it on Facebook, so I thought I'd take a peek. Your girls are adorable. I was especially pleased to read that Ellie's surgery went well. Did you know that I've known Mandi (or Daffy, as you Oakcrest gals call her)ever since we were in elementary school? We were also in the same ward for years. She's a great person and I love her to death. Small world, huh? Anyway, we have a family blog as well, but it's a private one, so if you'd like to take a look at it I'll need your email address. TAKE CARE!

Love,
Julia Andersen

Tyler and Julia said...

P.S. Would you mind if I added a link to your blog on mine, and would you mind if I read your blog more often? I'm addicted to blogging and I love to try and stay in touch with others this way. Let me know will you? Thanks!