Thursday, June 19, 2008

First Fishing Trip


Here is the background on our fishing experience. None!!! Andrey is the only true fisherman. I don't even know what to do with a fishing pole...I only know how to work the ones where you are playing the kid's game and using the magnet on the bottom of the pole and trying to get the fish to eat the end. Three weeks ago, on a Saturday, it was the one day in the whole year that you could fish for free w/o a fishing license. Andrey jumped all over that. We took his fly-rod and invited my family to go with. My family also has no experience at fishing except for our one trip to Thanksgiving Point where we almost threw up when we saw the worker gutting the fish we caught. We bought me a pole and Emma a Princess fishing pole. She is so proud of that. We packed up a dinner and drove to Tooele to the closest canyon and fished away. We caught a lot of moss, branches, and the occasional rock. Andrey and my dad were the only ones who caught anything, but "it got away before we could get to it..." so it was a great learning experience and we are ready to get our fishing licences now that we are trained and well taught by Andrey.

No comments: